Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
Minimum Level of Education:
High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:
This is an outside sales position responsible for promoting the company’s products and services and for building relationships with new and existing accounts. The main focus is to help Sysco customers succeed while achieving sales and profit goals established by the company. This position often requires working non-traditional hours (evening, weekends and holidays) to successfully meet customers’ needs.
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop new business, penetrate existing accounts, and minimize lost business to achieve profitable sales growth and special objectives within assigned territory.
- Seek and qualify prospects following company account stratification goals.
- Research customer business needs and develops a mix of products and service to meet needs.
- Evaluate market trends and recommend products to customers, based on business needs and goals.
- Be informed of market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales; share information with customers as part of value-added services provided.
- Answer customers’ questions about products, prices, availability, and product use.
- Provide product information and practical training to customer personnel.
- Drive personal vehicle to customer accounts, conventions, company meetings, etc.
- Communicate and collect accounts receivable as necessary, working with the credit department and client; collect all balances due based on approved credit terms.
- Manage deliveries to the routing schedule published by the transportation department; troubleshoot any problems that occur during the order process (for example, out of stock items, special order items, low inventory, etc.).
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or 5 years of Foodservice sales experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality, or Culinary Arts preferred.
- 6 months of sales, and/or chef/restaurant management experience, and/or related (Business, Sales, Marketing, Hospitality; or Culinary Arts) degree.
- 1 year of outside foodservice sales experience preferred.
- Previous Sysco experience preferred.
- Restaurant management / chef experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Valid driver’s license with a “clean” driving record (including no multiple DUIs within the last 2 years)
- Current automobile insurance with the following limits of liability: Bodily injury – $100,000 each person and $300,000 each accident; property damage – $100,000 is required
- Submit to pre-employment testing (Drug Screen, Background Check).
- Must sign Sysco Protective Covenants Agreement.
- Reside or willing to relocate to the geographical vicinity of territory.
- Basic PC skills and proficiency with MS Outlook.
- Ability to read, write, speak English.
To be successful in this position, the individual performing the duties must successfully demonstrate the following competencies:
- Building Trust
- Building Customer Loyalty
- Sales Ability / Persuasiveness
- Managing Work
To apply for this job please visit careers.sysco.com.