Senior Counsel Jobs in Sydney, New South Wales NSW, Australia in AUNZSP, Visa Company
Legal & Compliance Vacancy for Degree/Graduate qualified
Job Description for Senior Counsel Vacancies in Sydney, New South Wales NSW (AUNZSP, Visa )
The Visa Asia Pacific Legal team manages Visa’s legal affairs in the Asia Pacific region. Our team provides advice and services to ensure business goals are successfully met and that Visa’s brand and reputation are protected while minimizing legal liability and regulatory risk. Our vision entails each legal professional living the guiding principles to be a proactive partner who never loses sight of his/her responsibility to protect the company.
What a Senior Counsel in Legal does at Visa:
The position is for a seasoned business/commercial lawyer to join Visa’s legal team that supports Visa’s businesses responsible for our Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific markets including in the areas of sales contracts, corporate and commercial matters, technology, products, marketing and IP, and regulatory engagement. The position will report to the Senior Managing Counsel who is the head of Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific for Visa Legal in the Asia Pacific region. The applicant should ideally have experience in commercial business law and management and be able to draft robustly and to a high standard. The applicant must have solid technical legal skills with good commercial/legal risk judgment, and be able to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced and challenging, but rewarding, environment.
We are looking for a strong commercial lawyer with excellent communication and analytical skills, who is self-motivated, able to work proactively and independently, and who has the skillset and leadership mindset to effectively interact with business units and other support functions at all levels across Visa to influence business directions and bring about positive outcomes. Prior payments experience is not required, although the applicant must be willing to learn Visa’s business model and the payments industry.
Senior Counsel: Job Qualifications
We are looking for a strong leader who brings of breadth of experience and knowledge of the industry and our business. As a candidate, you should have:
– 12 years of legal experience in drafting and negotiating complex deals, some of which must be at a top tier law firm or MNC
– Strong academic credentials, with analytical skills and good commercial sense
– Must be able to work independently and interface with executive level stakeholders with little or no supervision, but also be a good team player
– Must be a practical and proactive problem-solver, must have a strong business acumen and be confident, mature and calm under stress
– Demonstrated ability to manage and drive complex commercial and technology transactions, including internationally driven deals
– Strong understanding of complex legal issues in Australia and New Zealand
– Excellent legal analytical skills with the ability to integrate legal advice and business knowledge, while providing balanced advice regarding risks and benefits
– Genuinely interested in technology and the payments industry
– Admission to a recognized legal body is preferred, and can work in Sydney, Australia
- Hiring Organization: AUNZSP, Visa
- Primary Job Location: Sydney, New South Wales NSW, Australia
- Work Schedule: Full time
- Employment Type/domain/functioning: Legal & Compliance Vacancy
- Job Level: management level position
To apply for this job please visit usa.visa.com.